Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ben's Smoothie

Ben has recently become mr. independent.... and insists on feeding himself, and while I know this is a good thing, eating enough fruits and veggies has been a bit difficult....it is pretty hard for a 12 month old to pick up and eat enough leaves of spinach! so, I decided to make him a smoothie and he loves it....here is the recipe if you're interested...

10-15 leaves of raw baby spinach
5 cubes of frozen mango (some days I substitute applesauce)
2 ounces of baked butternut squash (baked ahead of time and frozen in 1oz baby cubes)
a bit of water to thin
lots of plain whole yogurt (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup) (not baby yogurt that is filled with sugar, just plain old yogurt)
1/2 banana
dash of probiotic powder
mix in a blender and pour in a cup! I promise it tastes great. The banana and squash make it super sweet and the mango adds a little tangy kick.


Here is Ben enjoying his morning snack:





1 comment:

  1. Just made the smoothie for Travis. I had to make a few substitutions due to what ingredients I had on hand, but I had the basics. I asked him if it was good, and he said "yeah" and continued to slurp it down. Thanks for the suggestion. Hope to see you at the park again soon - if it ever stops raining!!

    ReplyDelete