Friday, April 24, 2009

Ben's daily activities

Since I know most of you have nothing to do on a Friday afternoon (except maybe play a bit of Word Mojo) here is an update on Ben’s day to day activities.

Ben is finally making a few more non-dinosaur sounding sounds – “g” is his favorite consonant with a few lispy “b”s thrown in there. “goobie” is one I heard in the middle of the night last night. As a speech therapist I have been anxiously awaiting these sounds. They are pretty adorable.

He is going to the JCC a few days a week with me to work out. Well, actually, I am doing the working out and he is learning that the sweet ladies in the child care room are nice and will not hurt him. He is gaining some independence and I am losing the double chin.

He is moving – everywhere. A few of his favorite places are the fireplace, under the couch and table and caramel’s bed. He also loves to chew on the side of the couch and shoes…which I try to avoid.

Ben is sleeping a bit better! Of course he still wakes a few times a night – we’re not perfect, but naps are easier and nights are more restful. I never thought I would say this, but I really do miss rocking him all the time. Today I rocked him a bit longer than usual before his nap and he let me know how much he liked it by giving me a big slobbery kiss (sucking my face).
Ben loves his Thursday morning music class. The CD they gave us works wonders in the car if he is fussy.

Diaper changes have become quite difficult. If you go fishing (which we don’t because we don’t like the thought of hurting a fish) you know how slippery and jumpy they are out of the water…well, imagine trying to put a diaper on that.

Teething biscuits are a new fav. He started SCREAMING the other night when it fell on the floor and smiled when we gave it back to him. Don’t know where he got his love of food…but I can say the biscuits are pretty yummy. (I may have had a few when we had no sweets in the house).

I promise not to be one of those moms who brags about how awesome her children are…but Ben really is a sweet happy little man with lots of energy and curiosity. We may not be the best parents and our kid may not be the best sleeper, but we are having a pretty good time around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment